View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default 8-3 was added incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hi David,
I hope you are well.
FYI, The team president is Benjamin Minor, so this ticket can be absolutely be identified as being from the years 1913-1919 and was played at National Park.
Although RUKen is certainly correct that in 1913 the Nats lost to Boston on 4/22 with a score of 8-3, there are 2 other date possibilities from the 1913-1919 era:

6/21/15 Game 1 (Babe Ruth gets a win in this game) Nats lose 8-3
6/4/19 Nats lose 8-3

The other outlying clue is the fact that you have the sponsor on the back of the ticket.
There were no sponsors on the back of all of the Nats tickets that I have from Walter Johnson wins in the 1920's.
Perhaps someone that recognizes the sponsor might be able to further narrow down the search. I cannot, unfortunately...

I hope this helps.
I am now certain the score added was added incorrectly as Home Game #2
was against the yankees which was rained out I added the 1913 Schedule
1913 was a miserable weather period in Washington with 5 out of the six first home games rained out , if you see the results there a void of games played for the first week Game 1 was on a thursday and yet their next game played
was also on a thursday which is a week between games , proof some games were rained out , Retro only show game played so counting down is a common misconception to identify game numbers