View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 07:59 PM
Jeff P

For whatever reason football has always been my favorite major sport. As a kid, I was a voracious reader and read every football book in both my elementary and middle school libraries. That's probably what hooked me on the history of the game. It was awesome to read about Thorpe, Grange, Nevers, Nagurski, Friedman and all the other great stars from the early days of the NFL. Not to mention the memorable NFL games like the Sneaker Game, the Ice Bowl, the Greatest Game Ever Played, the Bears beating the Redskins 73-0, etc.

As I got older I realized that professional football started looong before the NFL and I got interested in pro stars and pro teams that existed between 1892 - 1919. This era has been all but forgotten in history but the teams and players in this time period are the true pioneers of the professional game.

Helping to preserve and document the history of the sport has become a passion of mine. I love nothing better than finding an interesting piece of football memorabilia, digging into it to find out what I can learn about it, and writing my findings up to share with others.

What a great hobby this is!

jeff