View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Default Sets that are Incorrectly Dated & Creating Future Change....

Posted By: Jeremy

Frank,

Interesting you should ask... This card is from your beloved Series 6 out of Frankfort. Funny thing is, the Gent's name is torn off. Maybe you can help me with his name. I will say this... He has a great head of hair. Anyway, check out the scan and let me know your thoughts... As with anything I comment on, I merely suggest, as I can't possibly know the answer to something like this, but it generates curious thought as I know the Blue Grass league was functional back in the 1907-08 era, but may lack documentation to substantiate. I get your whole "Old stamp" scenario, but I gotta believe it is more likely (If we are placing odds) that a card would have a time stamp that was close to the year it was produced as opposed to time stamping a card that was already 3 years old. Debate can go either way and obviously anything is possible, but the facts we do know is that Frankfort was playing before 1910. The question is whether this guy was playing before 1910. I hope it is clear cut and he was not, as it will make this easier to understand, but if he was documented as playing in 1907-8 then it makes me wonder... With 640 cards in T210, and 8 series, I would have to wonder if they produced these over 3 years like the T206 set... My scans are a bit grainy, but if you look closely on the reverse you can see the date May 15th, 1907. Talk about a beater...

~ Jeremy ~