View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:00 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
You are entitled to your view and enjoy. I don't share any of that. I think vintage cards in holders (particularly SGC ones) look real neat, and I can show them off to people without worrying about someone doing something stupid or having dirty hands. And if it's a valuable card I have piece of mind that its secure.
Everyone has their views on this. I have no reason to hold a Babe Ruth or Lou Gehrig card in my fingers. They were long dead when I was born so I'm not reliving anything by touching them with my fingers. If I want to relive my childhood I'll buy a few packs of 2017 cards. Which I've done.
Once in a while I like to relive my childhood by opening a pack or box from that era. I opened a box of 89 upper deck a while back. Didn't pull a griffey, but it was a lot of fun.

I completely agree on the graded card issue. There's nothing wrong with owning and collecting raw cards, but for cards worth more than a few hundred dollars I prefer the peace of mind that comes with knowing my card is basically safe in the holder.