View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default Lets revisit a new forum hosting s/w solution possibility

Posted By: leon

I hope ya'll understand that we understand this is a major decision and we will not take it lightly at all. In a perfect world we would develop another site, load all of the Net54 information (I doubt we would edit any out), and then after the new one is tested and tested we would make the switch. I don't want to lose the archived threads and data either, as a few have mentioned. Our goal will be to accomplish everything and come out with a better site for everyone.

The problem is that Network54.com has been promising updates for literally 5 yrs (or more)...and there hasn't been any good ones at all. They don't seem to care. I have 0 hope they will fix this software in the next several years. Even beside the small outage today, which wasn't a big deal, there are so many quirky issues it has made my hair fall out happy.gif....(well, I thought I would throw that in as a scapegoat)

I/we have given thought to formats too. Contrary to some other forums/sites this one will remain as close to this format as is humanly possible. I have conferred with many board members and there are reasons this one is structured exactly as it is. As long as I am moderating it, it will probably remain with the same type format. I believe in ease of use over anything and this forum is very easy (as Frank said). I won't go to another format that is all jumbled up. I go to too many websites where there are a million things going on and jumping all over the place. How freakin' distracting is that? I feel each time we have made improvements to this site we have gotten a little better. I think most would concur. I expect no different methodology in the future. "Keep It Simple Stupid" is an old mantra for a reason.....I don't like change too much either, folks, but at some point I feel it is a disservice not to. Once again, rest assured, it will be easy to use and we won't go until it's tested and tested, if we make a move. It's not a firm decision but I expect us to probably start developing another site soon....Until then it will be everything as normal. If I had to guess, I would think it would be 1-3 months once we find another s/w we like before we would/could change....best regards