View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Default Beckett Comments on Upper Deck cut autograph cards

Posted By: Fred C

Richard,

You're kidding right? This is "upper deck", there's NO WAY they'd get something wrong. We should have 100% faith in companies like these that cut documents, destroy bats, and cut uniforms in to little swatches in order to promote thier crap. What would happen if we were to find out that the "bat sliver" card of Babe Ruth's bat wasn't actually the Babe's bat? There's no way they can get this crap wrong.

People pay 2x - 3x because the stuff is supposed to be real because upper deck says it is. Kind of like the grading companies. We're supposed to completely have blind faith in them. Personally, I think people pay 2x - 3x more than they should for this crap because people are STUPID.

grumble, grumble, grumble.... ok, what's right with this hobby?:

• People that put forth an effort to piece together some history behind what we collect.

• People that contribute to these threads like Ted Z and his T206 info

• People like the OJ Trio (Jay, Richard, Joe and crew) that put together one of the best hobby books ever.

• Lots of good people that share the wealth of information we all cherish.

• People like Barry that hold nice clean auctions (even though I get denied most of the times)...

• Most of the people on this board!

Ahhh... now I'm feeling better about this hobby again...

Hold on, the old ball and chain is calling... ok, time to crack another cold one and now I'm back to my foul mood...back to Richard's question of why people would pay 2x-3x more for stuff that just aint worth the premium...

burp....