View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:37 PM

Your most welcome, Justin. Great collection

Thanks for the info on the QUICK magazine with JR. I am so glad it's from 1952--one of the greatest World Series ever fought. Close games all. Jackie slugged a home run in his first at bat in game 1. I should try to get a nice copy. Though the same photo was used by Topps to craft their 1954, I love the cover nonetheless because it looks unique in itself, and so timely with its preview of the Series.

By the by, Justin, I don't know if you're aware of this, but the 1952 World Series game films may all be found on YOUTUBE. These films are wonderfully done Kinescopes of the actual TV broadcasts, and then were sent overseas to our dear soldiers fighting the Korean War. Honestly, they are a time capsule opened up. Jack had a good Series that year, as I'm sure you're well aware of. I liken it as a nostalgic dream wish to see Jackie Robinson and the rest of the Boys of Summer Dodgers play again, watching the exact same telecast as those privileged to have a television that fall of '52. Treat yourself to watching it if you haven't. Prepare your favorite hot dogs and beverage, and enjoy! The Brooks may not have won, but it was see-saw all the way through the end of game 7. The Yanks had to bleed profusely to win this one!

Nuf' said. ----Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 01-02-2018 at 12:39 PM.