View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM

Default Raw Babe Ruth Baseball Autograph - Opinions Requested Please

Babe Ruth Auto Ball

First, I am a long time lurker, I don't post very often because I am in the military and travel. I used to collect a lot of sports cards and autos...and then sold everything before recently deploying...now I am back and looking to begin all over again for both love and investment.

Second, I have some experience with autographs, but not a ton pre-war. I collect a lot of post-war sports autos. As a Marine, I am partial to Ted Williams, but also collect football stars from the 1960s Green Bay Packers. Anyway, I recently came across a Babe Ruth autographed baseball for sale (see the high res pics in the photo album link from imgur.com). The ball is raw and does not have any type of third party authentication (i.e. JSA, PSA/DNA, junk authentication, etc.). I am interested in making an investment here, but I am concerned about the authenticity of this auto. Any Babe Ruth auto collectors/experts out there on these forums that can weigh in? Is this worth tossing money at or should I simply stay away?

I look forward to soaking up your valuable advice and opinions. Meatloaf