View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
When we were all 12 year old kids we dreamed of hitting the grandslam farther than anyone else to win the game. No kid dreams about working out a 12 pitch walk or laying down a drag bunt.
Precisely. We all know baseball fans and the general public became intensely interested in baseball again during the 1998 season.

Then the fact of PEDS became apparent, and we were let down, disappointed, and disillusioned.

Now we have Aaron Judge, an elderly rookie, but a rookie by the standards of MLB today. In only 83 games, he breaks Joe DiMaggio's 81-year old record for home runs by a Yankee rookie. He is unusual for today---a nice guy in the swirling hysteria of THE BRONX ZOO. His attitude and approach to the game leaves everyone with the highest respect for him---except the assholes who never have anything good to say about anybody.

He put on a sterling performance at the Home Run Derby.

He's got collectors buying out ANY new product that might contain a Judge.
Topps had better put their best card designer, and the one with the best taste in selecting the finest photos, in charge of his cards, 'cause some of them are not that appealing. Rarity is swell, but if the card does not have a compelling WOW photo, it's a piece of "so what". Too many bells and whistles have ruined otherwise nice cards. Just sayin'.........

Aaron Judge is good for baseball, the Yankees, collectors, and America.

There's the matter of the second half of the season.....

Hey, let's just keep enjoying the journey and rooting for the kid.

I'm nobody, but I bought my first modern card of this millennium the night Aaron busted DiMag's record. It's just an ungraded Topps Heritage Bazooka, but the card looked terrific---won it.

Nobody can know for certain what the rest of 2017 holds for Mr. Judge, but he's got a great organization behind him to help him, along with his teammates, and I hope he continues to excel. May God continue to bless him!

---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 07-11-2017 at 12:34 PM.