View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Dave Johnson

I personally love them!

I collect Sam Crawford so I have tried to pick up his cards from these issues...mainly because there are not a lot of vintage Crawford cards available, and many that are available are WELL outside of my personal budget.

Some of these cards are very beautiful and if you are into the collecting of cards, then I think these fill a nice niche in the hobby.

I think some could argue some of the prices that some of these cards command is a little bit on the ridiculous side at times...The people making these state they are limited to only so many...but of course there is no way other than taking them at their word that this is in fact the case.

It does seem like Helmar and Ars Longora, Banty Red and Sporting Life all have a bit of a following. (as disclosure I helped do some of the back write ups for the person that makes the Sporting Life Famous Golfers set)

Will they ever be worth a ton of money? Maybe not, maybe some will? It seems that an auction has sold some of the Helmar cards in the past and they seemed to bring some pretty good prices, even in that format.