View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

My tastes tend to lean more toward the esoteric and obscure than the big-name stars, so I would like to see something along the lines of Al Schacht and Nick Altrock clowning around before a World Series game. And since this one is falling into my lap, throw a HOFer or two in there that would normally price the photo out of "spending on myself" range. Just what are they doing in this photo, anyway?

Or, before Bob swiped my idea, I was also going to say a shot of Eddie Gaedel, only with him at bat just as the ball zips over the plate, and from an angle to also catch the expression of frustration on Bob Cain's face as he realizes he's thrown just a little high, again.

Or even better, how about a photo OF Charles Conlon taking his famous photo of Cobb sliding, from the perspective of the guy standing a few feet behind Conlon. Cobb is still caught coming in hard, dirt flying, but in the corner you see Conlon with his finger instinctively triggering the shutter on his camera.

Failing all that, just make it a sharp Bain photo of a slim, trim rookie-era Babe Ruth circa 1914. Any pose will do, just make sure it's one that Ben has never seen because when it goes to auction, I want to be able to pay off my house with the proceeds