View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 12:47 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

My opinion is since he picked the Vg grade, he should give a return due to the trimming. I perfectly understand the Vg grade is not a card grade and appears to apply to CDs and the like, but if you read the description it covers major defaults, missing parts and damage. With trading cards, trimming is considered a major fault/damage/missing piece that would seem to be covered by the Very Good grade.

That's just my opinion.

If he hadn't clicked that or other grade box, I would have a different opinion. In fact, if he had merely said in the description "Guaranteed authentic," I would have a different opinion, because as card collectors know trimmed cards can grade "authentic." If someone says only "Guaranteed authentic" he's saying "I ain't saying anything about condition or anything else other than the card is genuine." "Guaranteed authentic and unaltered" is a different phrase, and one that some sellers of raw cards use.

But in the end, it says one should expect a more explicit description about condition/alteration and/or ask questions, in particular if the intent is to submit for a number grade. Other than clicking that ebay vg box, the seller says nothing about condition. I sell on eBay, and bidders regularly send me questions about the item and wait for answers before placing a bid.

Last edited by drcy; 05-13-2015 at 01:21 PM.