View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 11:08 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Let's put it this way. Johnny has an enormous amount of passion. He has always participated on this board sharing scans and information. He regularly posts and not just to bump or plug his own BST threads. He's the first guy to compliment other collectors on cards or their collections. He takes the time with others to try and further the knowledge of the T206 set and shares what he knows. He actually posts cards from his collection for others to enjoy.

That's a hell of a lot more than the bulk of the members here ever do. So he over estimated a couple of cards. Who cares he's not in the auction business. Heritage had a few higher estimates on a handful of Leon's cards and they fell below estimates...anyone gonna start slapping them around?

With all the scumbags in this hobby, stolen items being offered for sale, blatantly false lot descriptions etc. I would think we as collectors would have better things to police than a passionate collector who tossed a dart at a price and missed.

In reagards to Johnny's emoticons and personality as Warren Zevon said...he's just an excitable boy.

Cheers,

John
Johnny has sunk a lot of time into coaching me on the finer points of all things T206. He has pointed out resources I can go to so that I can educate myself. In addition, he has shared scans of many items from his own collection. I can't even begin to tell you what an incredible resource he is, and how much he has gone out of his way to just help another collector. If I had had someone like him when I first started collecting postwar cards years ago, I wouldn't have made all the mistakes that I made. Is he passionate? Yes! And in a world of collecting that has simply become all about profit and bottom line, I can appreciate that passion. The fact that an advanced collector like Johnny takes the time to fool with a T206 newbie like me speaks volumes, and I won't forget it.