View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Absolutely

Johnny is passionate and emotional about his cards and everyone else's cards. Enjoy the enthusiasm as it is far from the norm and rarely seen here. I speak with him on many T206 questions and he has helped me gain an understanding of scrap. I do ask his opinion on pricing but I know its simply just an opinion. We compared notes on the 2 cards in question and each had our opinion. No harm no foul just an opinion.

Thanks Johnny for the help in my learning about scrap and its value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Let's put it this way. Johnny has an enormous amount of passion. He has always participated on this board sharing scans and information. He regularly posts and not just to bump or plug his own BST threads. He's the first guy to compliment other collectors on cards or their collections. He takes the time with others to try and further the knowledge of the T206 set and shares what he knows. He actually posts cards from his collection for others to enjoy.

That's a hell of a lot more than the bulk of the members here ever do. So he over estimated a couple of cards. Who cares he's not in the auction business. Heritage had a few higher estimates on a handful of Leon's cards and they fell below estimates...anyone gonna start slapping them around?

With all the scumbags in this hobby, stolen items being offered for sale, blatantly false lot descriptions etc. I would think we as collectors would have better things to police than a passionate collector who tossed a dart at a price and missed.

In reagards to Johnny's emoticons and personality as Warren Zevon said...he's just an excitable boy.

Cheers,

John