View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default Larry Frisch Grading

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I'll say a few nice things about Larry since many of the "points of concern" have already been covered off on.

His staff - Alan, Russ, etc...is very helpful and always willing to describe the card as best they can over the phone since they can't send scans. Their return policy is fair and quick as well. Plus, I like the convenience of using a credit card instead of having to mail a check.

As far as dealers go, their selection is really very good. Tougher issues like e103s and t216s are regularly found with them. And they have HORDES of cards from some issues. I've used many a card from Larry to fill a hole in a set. However, as many on this board will tell you, I'm not a very "condition-sensitive" individual. But normally his cards work out pretty well for me and I don't have to return too many.

He does tend to ignore the backs of the cards in grading however this actually works both ways and can play to your advantage. I've bought cards from them in the past that have shown up with tough overprints or interesting back stamps (ie..Toytown) that add value and uniqueness to the card. These are examples of things also not included in his descriptions or reflected in price. Yes, I'd say it's probably preferably that a dealer take the back of the card into account when grading, but I wanted to mention this since it's highly possible that you're pleasantly surprised by cards you receive from him as well.

Anyway...just a couple of positive points

-Brian