View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Giants had 3 Brandons for the 1st half of the season.. Brandon Hicks won the job at 2nd and hit 8-9 early HRs, then totally hit a wall.

Re- Timmy, I think Boch is definitely hesitant to use him, but don't think it's a dog house situation. He just doesn't trust his stuff right now. I genuinely believe he'd love to get him in if the situation allowed. By all accounts Timmy is really well liked in the clubhouse, and think it's appreciated by all that he hasnt created any drama, or pouted.. similar was true for Zito in 2010.

As is, Lincecum does give Bochy nice flexibility when making late inning pitching changes, since he provides a second true long man. Had last night gone way into extras, I think he'd likely have been used. As is, think Petit will get all stress/close game situations and Timmy may be relegated to inning eater if we're getting blown out.
I think Timmy is on the WS roster also...but only for mop up or if they go extra innings...besides his pitching struggles, he doesn't hold runners at all..and that is not good against the Royals...I think the game he pitched against them this year...they ended that game with like 7 steals...

Ricky Y