View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 01:01 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Did you know that Crawford hit a Grand Slam as his first hit in MLB? He is also the only shortstop in MLB history to hit a Grand Slam in the post season. He was great at UCLA.

I've spent many a day in SLO, did you ever have a cocktail there called "LA city tapwater"? It's purple, and very mean. Made me laugh. I also used to live in Rockridge, and have a ton of bay area family members. But my family originally moved to LA area in about 1940. We moved throughout the state ever since.
Haha, never had a LA City Tapwater, but it definitely sounds like N CA/SLO humor for sure. I will say, the So Cals were generally better groomed, better tanned, with better abs than us.

I absolutely remember that first grand slam, in Milwaukee.. think it was his 2nd or 3rd AB, and think it tied game or gave us lead. Ever since then, I've always described him as the "best .240 hitter in baseball" to my friends (and posted similar here). He has a knack for coming through in key moments offensively, and is amazing and hugely underrated defensively. I think he looks big, sort of bulky and slow, so people assume he's got limited range, but he can move and has great hands and arm.