View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 02:37 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
The worst part is that it isn't even elite doctoring. Even I have a hard time blaming PSA for some of the micro trimming passing through on modern - such a tiny, tiny sliver is so carefully cut and the edges are so fresh that almost no one can tell without deep dives into a cards prior scans. But we see time and time again you can just lop off giant chunks of old cards and eventually PSA will pass it.
This is how the hobby works. Card doctors alter cards. TPGs grade many of those cards, sometimes they're fooled, sometimes it's something else. And most auction houses will accept those cards even knowing the reputation of the consignor. Just how it is. Only law enforcement has a chance of making a dent. As the song from Evita goes, the money keeps rolling in.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-08-2023 at 02:39 PM.