View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 04:56 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Double Strike Tolstoi Project for mrvster

Just wanted to share this with everyone. Johnny (mrvster) picked up a double strike Tolstoi in a trade that resembled the Fords in this old thread. The back is littered with magenta from a T68 test run. Note that the magenta run on the back of the card is upside down (in respect to the T206 front).

The card he got was a Gandil slabbed by SGC as A (multi-strike reverse). Here's the back (flipped upside down):

Johnny told me that he couldn't figure out who was on the back, but it was probably a T68 based on the earlier thread. At first I thought maybe there were multiple layers of magenta since the entire back had color, and the previous examples clearly showed the "borders" between cards. But then I jumped out of my T206 box and realized that the size and scale of T68 is different from T206.

Still, nothing immediately jumped out at me, but then I saw what looked like an eye above the S in "Cigarettes." I scanned through the T68 set looking for anyone with a big open eye.

I picked out three, and the one that struck me was Hernando Cortez. The photo Johnny gave me was tilted, so I asked if he had another. He sent me this raw image:

It looked like a match, but I didn't know the actual dimensions of a T68. So I just resized until I got what I thought was a match. I don't have any cool imaging software, but I was able to scale the T206 back and overlay what appears to be a match:

After checking again, I was pretty sure I had a match, so went ahead with the animation which to me looks like this mystery has been solved. Eyes and nose match; brim of hat matches; shoulder matches; "necklace" matches; neck, hair and background over left shoulder all match:

Last edited by t206hound; 04-03-2014 at 08:21 AM.