View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Quite ironic, my goal is the same as Irv's...."slowly" pick away at the 52 set. So far I am 311 out of 407 plus about 75 pct of the way with having both copies of the red and black backs. Since many (72) hi #s remain, my goal is to cut the overall 96 remaining down to 48 by this time next year. My other goal is to restrain from collecting other things until my 52 Topps set is done. The latter will be the hardest to achieve.
I just missed my first goal, I am now at 358/407 and need 49 more high #s. The low number portion of the set is complete. I still need a handful of RBor BB cards to have one of both. Minus about 75 33 Goudey cards I picked up this year, I nearly achieved my second goal.

For 2018, my first goal is to add 16-20 more 52 Hi#s, depending on who as I still need the JRob, Campy and Reese. If I add one of those, the goal will be 16, otherwise 20. While most of these 52 hi#s are available and can be easily found, it is more of a budgeting issue. My second goal will again be to only use my collecting budget on the 52s I need to finish my set.