View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
Oh, they can retract even after the sale. I had auctions that ended on Tuesday night. A guy sniped and and won an item for $45 with one second left. He paid immediately. Then, ten minutes later, asked to cancel. Since eBay has it where he can leave negative feedback on me, but I can't do the same, I have to agree to cancel. The underbidder doesn't want the item, because he says he felt uncomfortable with how fast I sent the second chance offer (I don't blame him). So, I sell to the second underbidder for $35. Thanks, jerk. But, he can do this because eBay allows it.
Yup, I've had this happen to.

A couple months ago I actually had somebody pay me for something two weeks after an auction ended and then request to cancel right after they paid.

Claimed "their dad" bid on the auction by mistake.

I'm pretty sure they paid to avoid an unpaid item on their record, and then immediately went about the business of sabotaging the transaction.

Ebay doesn't give you much of a choice but to just comply. Especially with somebody who knows the ins and outs of getting out of a transaction.