View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
That could be. And Pete has suggested that perhaps the card is more valuable dissociated from the BSF -- After all, according to the PSA registry, there are 14 E98 Cobbs from the Black Swamp Find graded a PSA 9, and only 8 non-BSF E98 Red Cobb PSA 9's. But personally, I would much rather have the provenance on the flip. Interesting side note: There are 22, E98 Red Cobb (BSF and non-BSF) that are graded PSA 9, and only 10 Red Cobbs graded anything other than PSA 9 (and two are 10's); however, there are 37 designated as just "Ty Cobb" with no color association and red seems to be most the popular E98 Cobb variation. It seems like lower-grade E98 Red Cobbs should sell for a premium since they are the scarce ones!! All that said, it seems all high grade E98 red Cobbs are from BSF - whether the flip states such or not - so the PSA registry is misleading here to those who don’t know much about this issue - like me!! So I will defer to others with better knowledge.

Ok, I am done on this topic. Nice card and someone will be happy to own it
Ryan- are you saying that before the Black Swamp Find, there were already eight E98 Cobbs graded PSA 9? That doesn't sound right. Mint condition candy cards are very scarce.