View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Default T5 Jackson - $47,853 vs. $182,425

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

To answer a question, I don't know all the people who bid on the MHCC T5 Jackson. And that's part of the problem. I'd be lying if I said the circumstances surrounding the sale of this card do not make one reasonably wonder whether at some level all these different bidders you make reference to ever existed, and that is why the Mastro one sold for what it did. Or if they did exist their existence was predicated on some factually incorrect representation by MHCC as to the uniqueness of the card.

Also, how can you now possibly say that I was inaccurate in my statement that the only reason you valued the card as high as you did was because of your belief the card was unique. Here is what you said: "I suppose it was a blessing to me to have only come in second when the following day I learned that Mastro had secured one. ....My offer for Mastro's example was too far off from their asking. My offer was based solely on the fact that the photo had the horizontal flaws and more importantly the item was certainly not unique and I had questions about how many more are out there. Making the value I placed on the item significantly less." You'll forgive me but I continue to read these comments as saying that the high value you placed on the card was based on your belief that the card was unique. I do thank you though for confirming your reliance on Brian Drent's representations about the card's uniqueness, or am I being inaccurate again in saying that?

Let's leave it then that each person can read the various posts on this thread and form his/her own opinion.