View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 10:02 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Good stories indeed!

Was anyone there for Randy Myers Poster Day in 1993?

Randy Myers posters for the first 10,000 fans. Myers comes in the 9th to close it out and blows the lead. 10,000 posters rain down from every corner of that stadium onto the field. I threw mine. Funniest thing I'd ever seen.

I was also there for the game (way before replay) where a I want to say the opposing team's player hit a Home Run down the left field line and it was clearly foul, but the ump puts his pointer finger up in the air and circles home run. The fans went crazy with "boos", but the best part was yet to come. So now every foul ball hit the entire crowd stands up and puts their finger in the air and we all signal Home Run. That was great!

Also in my youth when we sat in the Bleachers, we'd sneak a joint or 2 into the stadium. We'd each take turns going down to the bathroom take a hit or 2 and leave it for the next guy behind the toilet. It would be hilarious listening to the other guys peeing say "you smell that?".

I remember bringing a kitchen knife and whole cucumber into the bleachers. Cuz I had to have cukes on my hot dogs, and all you would get there was like a mustard packet. No one is sneaking a knife in to any stadium these days.

Also, knew a guy, just through being in the Bleachers (this was sometime in the 80's), but would see him all the time there, he was a true Bleacher bum, had been going since the 60's and one time someone was sitting in "his seat", mind you there were no seats in the bleachers just long benches. He goes to the guy "your in my seat!", other guy goes "I've been in this seat since 11 o'clock", Bleacher Bum replies "Yah, well I've been in that seat since 1968, now get the $#%& up!!!". Next thing ya know I see the 2 of them brawling. Good times.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 08-26-2022 at 06:27 AM.