Thread: New SGC Look?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 01:45 AM
Bryan M1ll3r

I'll throw in my two cents just in case SGC actually reads this.

The new, borderless flip looks like something I would print at home (i.e., cheap and unprofessional). I like how the original green border eases the stark contrast between the white label and black background. The bajillion SGC's on the new label aren't pretty either. I have a hard time believing that anyone with substantial graphic design experience could ever produce something so unappealing. In just a few minutes, members of this board have produced higher quality flips.

Also, I don't like the red for Authentic. Is green + Authentic not clear enough? I think the red is distracting and doesn't add any value.

I've asked a neutral third party who could careless about baseball cards and she ranks the flips accordingly (best to worst): old one, new one if it had a border, and new one without border.

I see the SGC holder's current appearance as a competitive advantage. I have no clue (even after reading the response from SGC) why they would mess with success. I'm sure there are some other aspects of their business that would be a much better investment of their time/money.

In summary: keep the old flip or go back to the drawing board with some new artists.

Last edited by Pythonfactory; 05-23-2014 at 01:54 AM.