View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Patrick N.

Default Sorry

Sorry this show didn't work out for many of the dealers...I do think one should remember that even if you didn't turn a profit at this show if you had a few positive transactions with buyers you might see them again. So while you may have only sold them a $10 beater T206 common this time perhaps in a couple years that same guy will remember you and buy a $1000 Matty or whatever the next time...

I still think shows offer an advantage to buyers that the internet cannot that being holding/seeing a card in person. While I generally don't buy "big" stars at shows due to overpricing, I do find it cost-efficient to buy commons to fill sets....

Last point, I think high gas $'s right now for these types of shows. For example I almost went to Cleveland's Strongville Show (from Pgh) a few weeks ago but then thought it will cost me $75+ in gas so I shelved the idea. I'm sure this is true with other collectors who would've normally made a couple/few hour drive to Philly but gas $'s made this decision more difficult