View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 11:01 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Since you asked for thoughts . . .

Over the years I've come to learn that the term "good friend" has a wide range of meanings to a wide range of people, often far from what I think a "good friend" is.

Seriously, if you made a deal with a "good friend" and a week later he says that deal wasn't good enough, then he probably isn't as good of a friend as you thought.

In my world, a man is only as good as his word. If you agree to terms of a deal, and conduct the deal, then it's done. That's it. Nothing more to discuss.

You're concerned about what to do out of friendship.

Is your "good friend" as concerned about the friendship as you? My guess is no, or you likely wouldn't be here asking about what to do because he wouldn't have said anything.
I agree completely. Unless the trade really was one sided and he was too drunk to notice, it sounds like this guy isn't such a good friend after all. I don't get why he's asking for more cards, or just some back. I would either cancel the whole deal, or keep it as is, depending on what you want from this friendship in the future. I have a feeling this will sour the relationship no matter what you decide.