View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Ok, I am stumped at how this is unclear. I will use an example: I am not specifically looking for a USC Lefty Grove, but it's a card on my list to buy if I ever find a nice one. I see that PWCC has an auction. So, I go to "view seller's other items" and scroll down the list of 1,000's of cards. Why? Because they always have a ton of cool stuff. If you don't think their auctions are an event, you are fooling yourself.

"Oh wow" I proclaim, "that's a nice Lefty Grove PSA 6! I think I shall put it on my watch list." Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, another collector does the same thing. Low and behold, he and I compete over the card and I win it for $1,120.00 because our competition drove it up. That happens with PWCC and Probstein. That DOES NOT happen with Bobfromnet54 with a feedback of 124.

As I said before, if a guy happens to be looking specifically for a USC Lefty Grove, then he will find Bobfromnet54's card and put it on his watch list. But this will only happen if he is specifically looking for that card AT THE PRECISE TIME that Bobfromnet54's auction is going on. And now, said collector will probably have less competition for the card unless someone else is looking for the precise card at the same time.

A USC Lefty Grove is a very nice card, but it's not a Goudey Ruth where dozens of people are searching for them daily. In short, all it takes at an auction is two guys who want a card. The more people who want it, the more competition. Most collectors look at PWCC's newest auctions. More eyes= more buyers= more competition= higher price sale than what Bobfromnet54 got.

Last edited by orly57; 12-01-2017 at 08:15 PM.