View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 11:25 PM

ooo-ribay - Thank you for the information. I had never seen that book before. I will have to try and find it.

As far as the pin sets go, I had mine separated into 5 different, or so I thought they were different. I'm guessing they are just variations of the same sets. For the undated ones (1964) I have some that have silver backs with black Guys's logo and printing, and some with silver backs and brown logo/printing. The '65's I have some with silver backs and some with gold backs, and the '66's I only have 1 type. I just figured maybe the different back variations were distributed with different types of chips or something. Anyway, one of my collecting OCD's won't allow me to just collect one set for each year. Since I found variations, I have to collect them all as separate versions of the sets (makes collecting thnigs interesting, and sometimes frustrating).

I agree about the prices. All of mine have been purchased locally at various times, and most were in the $3-5 range. Exceptions being a Yankees pin, which I paid $8 for and a Cardinals I paid $10 for (living in Cardinals country, anything St Louis is higher).

I was recently browsing ebay for these and saw many, like you state, well above what I am willing to pay. Some of the graded ones were as high as $200! While I didn't see any for .99, I did see quite a few for around $10, including shipping.

I love the prize sheet pictured. I actually have one of those somewhere, although mine has seen better days. I wonder what kinds of "prizes" were available? Baseball mitt's maybe? Posters?
My website for 1963 Topps football color variations -