View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marslife View Post
Hey Fellas!

I'm working on a Master set so I have been following these for a couple of years. All of my cards are or have been sent to SGC for grading. Looks like the first card I sent was back in 2013 and SGC has been identifying ME or HLC on the flip since that time. Couldn't tell you when they started or if they always have differentiated on the flip? Looks like all of the Cobby's on the SGC pop reports all have designated backs.

I don't have any evidence that one back is harder to find than the other so I couldn't comment on that. I know that two subjects have never been found with an ME back that we know of (yet??). The most fun fact about this set is that the 25th subject has NEVER been identified to date!

I have seen more ME backs listed for sale in the last 6 months than I have since I started watching them. As far as premium for one back or another, I think in general the set is "catching on" and prices are getting crazy. As you know, the cards are condition sensitive and more likely the premium is heavily weighted toward "good condition" cards than the manufacturer on the back? A VG/EX Marquard HLC back went for over $1K last week in Mile High auction last week!

fun set!

Best of luck with your collection!

Cliff
Don’t tease us.....please share your fun fact or any other pertinent info!!

Last edited by Bkrum; 04-03-2018 at 09:31 PM.