View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
Blair,

Are you sure they are as rare as the E107's? I'm not disagreeing, I just never thought they were.
Hi Dan,

No - I should be clearer about that. I'm certain that Fan Craze is not as rare as E107. But I think Fan Craze are scarcer than many people think.

I know there are all kinds of problems with using grading service pop reports for judging scarcity (problems with misidentified cards, resubmits, etc.) Having said all that, if you scan SGC's pop information, many E107s show a pop of 5-8 cards graded per subject (some are less). Fan Craze AL are all (except a few) in the single digit (1 to 9) per subject by SGC.

If we take Cy Young as a player who appears in both sets, SGC has graded 8 E107s versus 12 Fan Craze.

It looks like PSA has generally graded 13-20 of each Fan Craze AL subject.

But cards like T205 and T206 are in the hundreds graded by SGC and hundreds more by PSA per subject (these are very broad generalizations...of course some subjects/backs are scarcer).

In terms of a good comparison on the graded card numbers, Fan Craze looks to have similar numbers to a medium-tough E-card set...that surprised me as I assumed they were not as scarce as that.

Looking further at the PSA pops on cards I own (both stars and commons), it looks like there are fewer Fan Craze graded per subject than E90-1 and E95 (again not looking at especially scarce subjects), somewhat fewer than E92 Dockman, and about the same as T204, which I think is a tough set.

Cheers,
Blair

Last edited by Bosox Blair; 12-15-2009 at 01:24 AM.