View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default Grading hits home

Posted By: dan mckee

Barry, you are an icon in the hobby but DAH! When you have people grading pre-war cards that do not have a clue of what they are looking at, then this will happen. Has any of the Old Timers been approached to be hired by these grading companies???? Have you Barry, or Jerry Smolin or a John Ramierez or Lew Lipset or a Rob Lifson or anyone who has been in this hobby for 30 years and knows what they are looking at??? NO! College kids and young punks who have never seen a D304 or a Texas Tommy (who did he play for) are the ones grading your rare pre-war cards. Now these people are fine for the shiny **** but a knowledgable card person should be grading the pre-war stuff. I submitted a Honey boy that was Near Mint but since they were made on poor quality paper and the paper showed imperfections I received a 4. FUNNY! Grading is a JOKE! Grading is a CANCER! Educate yourself with what you are buying and don't rely on some punk that couldn't even recognize the issue if you didn't identify it on your submittal form. ok, I feel better now. Dan.