Thread: Trevor Bauer
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 04:41 PM
Tim Odeen

My stance has always been that he does not fit the leagues narrative of a sport that is hospitable to women. They have been celebrating their female GM (Ng), and the female coaches (Balkovec and Nakken). Trevor Bauer, even though he may not be found guilty in the eye of courts, is certainly guilty in the eye of the public of being a misogynist. With MLB trying to increase their viewership among women, Bauer is a story they do not want to hang around.

MLB's narrative will also keep others out of the league as long as possible: Wander Franco and Julip Urias, and others in the future. I'm sure if the commissioner could have his way, he'd be rid of Aroldis Chapman, Brandon Taubman, and others.

I find this interesting because Commish obviously doesn't care as much about cheating. Imagine if the Astros story broke today that they cheated in the WS. With the millions of dollars that MLB gets from gambling, that would be bad bad bad.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo