View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Honus Wagner-Piedmont

Posted By: J Levine

I tried to be nice and civil in the other thread and then I got annoyed but now I know I have it correct. I would like to offer the sellers of this card, two more Wagners with Piedmont backs. Niether will state reprint and both will be reprinted on paper certain to come from no later than 1909. I will offer them both for the sum of $1000 each. They will pass all forensic tests on the paper fiber and ink. All I ask is about 1 month to print them up. See, I need to find a book from the given time period, not really a big problem because I have two fantastic used book shops near me and they carry a variety of vintage books. I then need to carefully remove the paper, pulp it using distilled water and reconstitute it as thicker, almost cardboard stock. Really not that hard. Used to do this all the time in my middle school and camp. The harder part would be to find inks that do not react to UV light. But wait, that can be done to as many vintage inks are still available although not readily. If that does not happen, I can always use my old trick of mixing oil paints. You would be surprised how close I can come to a given color. The backs are really easy too. Skin a couple of cheap t206s and viola'! So, boys, let me know if you want them. Really. I don't understand why you would not as you stand to make a fortune on your's and three fortunes are better than one right? One for each of the owners and one for their lawyer. Drop me a note. I look forward to doing business with you.

Joshua

PS Whatever you do, stick by your guns and do not let those crooks at PSA or SGC look at your card or the cards I sell you. You can make your money without them.

PPS Maybe Mr. Connelly wants one too...I should make three.