View Single Post
Old 05-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I like the date range too.
Technically that's the range of the m113/m114 which are referenced as "1910-57 Baseball Magazine Player Posters" in the Standard catalog (which also doesn't mention the m113 or m114 designations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
I think they’re too big to fit into the PSA jumbo holder unless they’re trimmed down.
What a pleasant coincidence, and pretty cool that it managed to get a number grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Sort of surprising/disappointing that they’d even slab them in a hand cut variety, since they weren’t intended to be cut out if anything…
But the issue is that they don't have a trimmed variety that could get a number grade, so hand cut is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
I don't think they're trying to redefine trimmed, I think the grader and all the stages of QA don't realize that these were never intended to be cut. Before anyone else says it....
But isn't it nice that while they were able to read the title of the Standard Catalog listing, and use it for the label, they evidently missed the entire description.

It's certainly better for the opinion seller's bottom line if people are aware that trimming, cough, I mean hand cutting something can make it available for a paid opinion.

My favorite hand cut card is this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wagner-00000001 - Copy.jpg (130.9 KB, 336 views)