View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Al Richter

Default Selling on ebay

I have never sold anything on ebay, but I have been an active buyer for some time. Over that time I have seen ebay go from a venue that heavily favored sellers to one that completely favors buyers. And I have come to see there are a lot of nutty buyers out there

If you are a big volume seller, I can believe that you might have some fanatically loyal customers. What do you do if you have a guy who regularly buys a lot of stuff from you and bids in a bunch of auction he does not win, and even retracts a lot of bids in those auctions ...and the guy is not a consignor. I guess you could block him since he might be making you look bad, but if he in fact has bought a bunch of stuff from you on an ongoing basis he could then drop a bunch of negatives on you in retaliation, and you lose his ongoing business

I do not know what the actual facts are here, but a lot of folks seem happy with this seller, and it seems like several big volume sellers have generated similar scrutiny on this board and others over time.

Makes me glad I do not sell on ebay . It would likely drive me to homicide