View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
This isn't meant to sound snotty, just in case it comes out that way Mike. In your example you posted with the screenshot of the charges for the Mantle item, as the buyer, what part of that do you feel is too much, price wise? The $16 for the shipping or the amount estimated for the import duty? To me it looks like about the cost for priority mail shipping I would assume, if I shipped and insured a $300 item, plus somewhere on the lower end of your estimate of between 13 percent and the ridiculous 45 percent you mentioned. Genuinely, I am really interested in understanding how international buyers feel about this program as I have gone back and forth many times about using it, and this discussion is helping me see it from the buyers side.
I personally have not had much problem in terms of the pricing, as I never said that. What irritates me is the process the GSP goes through. First of all, I can't combine shipping from a seller (which does allude to cost). Next, I am paying for a pretty expensive shipping service that 1) does not provide reliable tracking 2) feels the need to open up all my packages and 3) several times repackage them poorly, or in this case, damage it.