View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Let me also tell you this, I sold records at a flea market for a few summers and the only stuff that ever went to the flea market were the items that I could not get a decent amount of money for online or from a private collector. I.e, If I could sell it for over $10 (At the time, now nothing under $15) it wouldn't ever make it to the flea market. If there were condition issue, re-issues, second pressing etc. something real collectors don't want, but the lay person who just wants the grateful dead music on record would, those are what went to the flea market. Don;t assume that because there are so many cards that there must be something good. If this guy only sells cards, and overpriced at that, then it is safe to say he knows the values of his cards and has pulled any of the cards in demand. The flea market is not typically a place where someone sells high quality cards, those guys would be at cards shows. Now if you wander on a guy who sells everything under the sun and seems to have a bunch of cards that they normally don't have, ten it is worth it to look through them. Bottom line you should pay no more than the amount you could easily recoup through quick sales. It is best to try and get it cheaper. Of course when buying a collection not everything is going to be a gem. The flea markets have been closing around me, but with my records, I have a guy who gets lots of customers looking for more common items. I pick out the best stuff and sell the remainder of the collection to him at a wholesale price, very wholesale. If you are trying to start a business or just trying to find ways to make a buck, turnover of inventory is something you need to consider. If you just want the cards because they have value to you and you would want to keep them then you would just have to decide how much money they are worth to you.

Last edited by magic1313; 07-25-2010 at 12:39 AM.