View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default Questions/thoughts/thanks for SCDA trip guys

Posted By: vikes066

Lee,

Thanks for your response. I realize that some of what I asked may or may not have been answered in the other post, however the other items have not. I know that a lot of people are interested in what is going on since there appears to be at least some validity to the claims of conflict of interest etc. etc. That is why it is best to have discussion in open forum like this.

I am most interested to Troy's or Bushing's explanation on the Master's Degree question along with proof of when and where the pictures that show DiMaggio hitting label down are from.

Bottom line is that the bat was and still is somewhat valuable as a game used/issued DiMaggio bat. I do not believe that anyone is questioning that aspect.

The murkiness comes from whether or not you believe that someone as "qualified" as Bushing would make an error of omission of that magnitude like that and then miraculously benefit by additional research after he had to refund the original buyers money. Personally that is a leap of faith that I am not willing to take, based on the glaring errors that have been raised previously. (Feel free to do so if you like though).

It seems as though he has made too much money over the years to make a mistake like that. A novice or beginner to the collectibles market maybe makes an error like that. "The world's foremost and ONLY respected authority" (paraphrasing his bio), I highly doubt it.

I guess another scenario to ponder would be if the original buyer would have kept it and then done the same additional research on his own to "prove" it was indeed a streak bat.

What do you think the chances are that Bushing and Mastro would have then given their A-10 stamp of approval with the same information if they would have let the "flipped" bat through their hands first as a non-streak bat and now someone else was going to get the big payday by showing the same research?? That is something to really think about.

Much props and respect for your dedication to cleaning up the hobby and spending your own time and effort for the trip and reporting back to the board.