View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Jeff

Default cool idea

1. Name- Jeff Schwarz

2. Age- 55 (2 days ago)

3. Day job- retired physical education teacher, coach, and athletic director. Now I assign sports officials for 15,400 games per year and just got selected to assign the basketball refs for a North Shore high school conference. "Retired" is not really the right word, but the first pension check gets sent next week!

4. Location- Arlington Hts., Illinois - good to see so many IL and southern WI people on here!

5. Collecting interest- Missing only a few cards to complete the 1923-24 Exhibits, 1931-32 Exhibits, 1933 Exhibits, W711-1, E121 Series of 80, R303A, Wide Pen Premiums (Type 2 only), R315, Diamond Star master set, 35 Goudey master set, Morgan Red Belts, 1926-29 Exhibits, and Dietsche Postcard sets

6. Family- Wife of 26 years, son Andrew (23), son Kyle (22), daughter Emily (18), and cockapoo Kelsey (10).

7. How long in hobby- My father and I started to collect seriously when we picked up a Beckett guide at the 1982 or 1983 Chicago National. Dad started collecting pre-war (his era) and I completed Topps sets, wrappers and press pins. Dad also started doing football and hockey sets, and then I leapfrogged Dad and started working on tobacco sets. This Board has been instrumental in getting us interested in caramel sets. Once I finish the above sets, I will just get whatever appeals to me. Dad, at age 91, is no longer active but loves to see what I've picked up.

8. Other interests- Sports officiating, music, travel, and hoping to see the Cubs win one!

9. Do you attend shows? - Luckily living in Chicagoland provides many show opportunities but rarely find anything on our wantlist.

Photo is me umpiring a mens league championship game played at Wrigley with my sons in tow. They got a day off of school and got to run around Wrigley. What a thrill!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ump at Wrigley.jpg (77.0 KB, 944 views)