View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 03:29 PM
Tim Odeen

Another story I have is more about friendship. My friend Alex, in Billings MT, was the nephew of goalie Andy Moog. I actually didn't care to play hockey, but it was fun to watch. We the junior ice hockey AFHL Billings Bulls. They played at the local arena and it was big time sports entertainment for a town in the middle of Montana. My friend would go visit his uncle, get cards signed, and then would share some with me. These were the only hockey cards I owned. After I moved away late in 1996, I found a card shop near me in Spokane. This card shop was in the same vein as the double wide trailer shop I loved so much in Billings. It had three vendors, and the main owner sold primarily vintage cards. I was introduced to so many items I had never seen before. It was amazing. One of the vendors sold hockey cards, and he had a 1981 Topps Moog RC. After looking at it for a year, I finally decided to buy it. It might have been $10-$15. This remains the only hockey card I have ever bought for myself. This pic is not my card - borrowed off ebay - obviously it's the OPC version. My card has all the hallmarks of "collector grade." Probably would grade a 5 or 6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andy moog 1981.jpg (61.3 KB, 68 views)
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo