View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:27 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockJacob View Post
Thanks Mark.
The smaller Indian is sort of a mystery to me as well. It's not as big and also not a bank. It has no coin slot in the back feather where you would typically find it. If my memory serves correctly, I believe Rob D. has one like this as well. Maybe he knows more than I...

And it's good to hear that there is at least one example of the A's bank floating around that might pop up for sale somewhere. Of course, finding one is only half the battle. Scrounging up the funds to pay for one is another matter all together. How many years did you have to wait for yours? I remember it being one of your long sought quests.
Brock...
I had to wait about 7-8 years to finally add that damned Elephant (and paid a pretty penny, to do so). The one I saw at the National was priced about 25% less, was nearly as nice, and was a different variation. Mine says "Athletics" across the chest, and this one just has an "A". It had extremely minor shelf wear, limited to the bottom of base (not worthy of mention) and no chips, cracks, repairs or anything else. It's a beauty...

I'm afraid to even guess what you paid for the Tiger (and won't look- so please don't tell me). I paid a fortune for mine about 9 years ago, when these things were at their peak (and thought to be exceedingly rare). It's one of those things that ebay has proven to be a bit more prevalent than originally thought. Congrats on adding yours- looks like a beauty!

ps. There's still one more... the Indian with full head-dress. This one is possibly even rarer than the Elephant, and is as spectacular as it is rare. I've come to accept that I'll never own one... I think you'd have to spend well over $5K. Of course, if Lou Criscione is reading this, he can add his thoughts on rarity and value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg net54.jpg (15.2 KB, 528 views)