View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Default E93 Collins card pictures Jimmy Collins, not Eddie Collins...what do you think?

On another thread about least favorite cards of favorite players, I posted a scan of an E93 of Eddie Collins, and indicated that I never thought it looked much like him. Todd responded with a photo of Jimmy Collins (shown here) that certainly looks a lot closer to the E93 card than a youthful Eddie Collins would appear at that time. Thanks Todd, and I thought this subject deserved its own thread.

Jimmy finished his MLB career with the Philadelphia Athletics in 1908. The E93 Standard Caramel set has been identified to have been issued in 1910. It is possible that the makers included Jimmy in 1910, but not as likely as perhaps this set being issued in 1909. A little research into the set might point to an earlier date, and if no one else beats me to it, I will check back in a couple days with what I find.

Do you think the E93 card of Collins is actually Jimmy, or do you think it has been correctly identified as Eddie all these years?

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e93collins.jpg (28.6 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg jcollins.jpg (52.1 KB, 271 views)