View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 12:31 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
All of the major auction houses will be there.

Certainly couldn't hurt to do some shopping around in advance, in order to get the best consignment rates.

Live auctions at the National are limited (might be just Goldin this year, if I remember?). When they do have auctions at the National, they're usually just looking for very high-end items as consignments
Oh I did not know. So basically anything under 10K is blah for live auctions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagerookies51 View Post
It would probably be wise to shop around beforehand. I know Al (Love of the Game Auctions) is having a no consignment fee special for his 5th anniversary auction. As far as consigning at the National, I'm not sure. I was always under the impression that most auction houses accept consignments before the National and then use the National as a platform to show everything off right before the auction.
Really? That sounds intriguing. I have never bid on or used LOTG. How do you find their results are compared to others? I was thinking about bringing to the national for them to accept it for the winter or fall auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Virtually all the big names-- auction houses and dealers-- are always at the National.
Thank you!