Thread: E-Bay changes?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:06 AM
Rob

Yes...The recent changes stink. Hate the redirect to a "similar item" instead of the sold item. I know how to get there but making the site less intuitive and more clicks doesn't get me fired up to leave positive reviews of the changes...which they keep asking for. I also think the look of "My Ebay" in general, the tiny pictures on my active listings page and trying to find anything in my "sold" or "purchased" items stinks as well. The format was fine about 5 years ago. Not sure why they needed to "improve" it.

Another change I find interesting...though not sure eBay did anything to cause it...is the comeback auctions are making on eBay. A few years back eBay was striving to become another Amazon and auctions were slowly becoming obsolete. Now nearly everything in my watch list is auction format. Not sure what caused the shift back...and I have mixed feelings on it. I hate the inconvenience of having to wait 7 or 10 days for the thing to end...but like the fact you can usually get a better price in auction format than buy it now....that is if you remember to snipe in the closing seconds. I only sell things "buy it now or best offer". Is eBay offering some kind of deal if you do auction format? Can't see myself going back to it.

Last edited by Fballguy; 06-13-2018 at 07:07 AM.