View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 04:36 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I am genuinely interested in pursuing a T206 Cardinals set. That was a contributing factor in starting this thread. I have dabbled in T206 twice before and had no real strategy and ended up bailing out both times. I am not really thinking about ever making a run at 520. I have grown to like the cards (they keep luring me back), including the backs. The lithography is really eye catching to me. To try and avoid being a three time loser in T206, I have done more homework this time, including putting together a spreadsheet of every possible back for each card in the Cardinals team set.

This is an appealing project to me, however, I am also fascinated with the Southern Leaguers. In this instance, it isn't just the T206 version of these minor leaguers which interests me. I have been thinking about collecting the T206 Southern Leaguers and following those players into T210 and T211 (those Red Sun backs are cool). I have done homework here, too and worked to educate myself on the southern league cards. I have a spreadsheet now which lists the T206 SLers cards and also lists their T210 (in whatever series they may appear) and T211.

The Cardinals and SLers seem like really different projects, but both seem fun. I am not sure that I could afford to do both well. I guess over time perhaps I could. The SL project could be fun because it would expose me to other sets beyond T206. I am genuinely torn here as to which way to go.

There's a lot of experience floating around here. I sense the team set would be easier?? Though easiest isn't the primary consideration.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 05-20-2018 at 05:08 PM.