View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Taylor, I'd just get the ticket graded by PSA. As you said, if there are questions on authenticity, you can return it via ebay. I think you have 30 days via ebay to return, but even longer on Paypal. And if you used AMEX to pay, you practically have 6 months to a year, I believe.

Although other posters have stated that if you send the ticket to an AH, they will grade it for you, often times, the AH will still charge you for grading the ticket. (If you have a huge consignment, they may waive this charge.) If you grade the ticket yourself, you have more options. You can go private sale, list it on ebay yourself via BIN, etc, and of course, still go to the AH, if needed. Moreover, if you accidentally step in front of a bus, your loved ones will more likely know that what you have is a ticket of some value if it is encapsulated. Otherwise, they may just think it's scrap paper and toss it.

Ultimately it is up to you. There are many, many long time collectors that are very comfortable having very valuable items raw. They know exactly what they have, and if they ever want to sell it, they know what to do. It's all in what you decide is best for yourself.