View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 08:05 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgwirecom View Post
Like em or hate em, they will go into the HOF. Then interest will rise and prices will go up. Years from now another generation won't understand or care about steroids, all they will see is the numbers and they will collect them.
I often wonder if, years from now, with major advances in medical science if all humans will one day be taking brain/strength/performance enhancing substances that will act like steroids and also boost brain function but without the negative side effects. I have no idea how long into the future that may be. But new advances are being made and becoming accepted all the time. Like the blood platelet spinning which aides healing and oxygenates the blood I believe. It seems like HGH is also becoming more accepted and widely used in treating things.

I still hold a grudge against these players too, but I feel they will become more and more accepted in the future. MLB really was just as guilty of letting the culture of steroids permeate baseball and in a way the players were products of their time. Much like people don't fault the Black Sox players because Comiskey was so cheap. A lot of players felt the need to use just to keep up with all the competition.

I don't condone the steroid use and am glad to see MLB has made major strides in cleaning things up, but I'm just saying who knows what people will think of the era in the future...