View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 03:54 PM

Default Are Bonds/Clemens desirable autographs for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't see myself ever having any interest in them. Same would go for Palmeiro, one of the few to have 500 homers and 3,000 hits. I could never bring myself to buy something knowing it really meant nothing.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel from a steroid standpoint. I have autos because the #'s are meaningful to me (Rose, Henderson) or I like the player.

With Bonds/Clemens, I don't trust the #'s, and I don't like the players. Yes, they both were probably Hall of Famers without steroids, but since I don't know how much they were aided, it just loses a lot of my interest.

Again though, I am admittedly putting them in a bucket that a lot of other players (including some I have autos of) probably belong in. They just were much bigger jerks about it. I always liked Bagwell, and whether or not he did steroids, he did himself a favor by not being so antagonistic. Same with Piazza.

And don't get me started on Clemens' headhunting, the two Piazza incidents specifically. There was a not insignificant reduction in his beanball rate when he moved to the National League. Guy was a coward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mattjc1983; 04-19-2017 at 04:25 PM.