View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 08:21 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Did I miss where he said you can't collect what you want to? No need to put words in his mouth. For me it stopped after the 1994-1995 strike. Actually that made me dislike MLB not cards. I quit collecting as a young kid and then started again as a 30 something....To me a Trout is a fish. SO for me it was probably 1972 was when I stopped. I did love those crazy colors though.

Leon- I recently conversed with a younger member who had no idea the 1994 World Series was canceled. I had to reach down and pick my jaw up off the floor.

I've never stopped collecting, though there some players who I will not collect...my own choice based on my own conclusions.

I do have to correct myself and confess to stopping temporarily at the time of the afore-mentioned strike...1993 was the last year for three of my favorites: Ryan, Brett & Yount. Attending their inductions six years later 'eased my pain'.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 09-24-2018 at 08:26 AM.